The IPAC+ Research Study has two main objectives:
- Implement and evaluate the impact of IPAC+, a tailored infection prevention and wellness intervention developed to support the most pressing IPAC-related needs of LTCHs, which includes:
- Rapid onsite saliva testing for symptomatic staff and their household members,
- Wastewater surveillance to determine COVID-19 outbreak status,
- In-person or virtual IPAC facilitation,
- Online resources, and more.
- Better understand the prevalence of COVID-19 infection, as well as factors (e.g., demographic, immune response, LTCH-level) associated with previous infection and/or with prevention of future infection.
Long-term care homes (LTCH), staff, staff household members, residents, and resident family members in the Greater Toronto Area, Ottawa/Champlain, Hamilton, and surrounding regions can all participate in the IPAC+ research study program.
This paper identified risk factors associated with case fatality among individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 in Ontario, Canada.
An Online Fillable version of the Public Health Ontario IPAC Checklist.
Resources on Infection and Prevention Control, hosted on the Regional Geriatric Program website.