Resources and Support for Congregate Living Centres during COVID-19 and Beyond
The Wellness Hub is an initiative led by the Knowledge Translation Program at St. Michael’s Hospital, Unity Health Toronto, in collaboration with over 20 project partners.
The aim of the Wellness Hub is to support key stakeholders in congregate living settings such as long-term care homes and shelters, prevent and manage infectious disease outbreaks and optimize physical and mental wellness both during and beyond COVID-19.
The Wellness Hub is comprised of five main branches:
- LTC Hub: Resources and supports for long-term care and retirement homes.
- Shelter Hub: Resources and supports for shelters.
- IPAC+: Resources and supports to promote the use of infection prevention and control measures for congregate living settings to prevent and manage infectious disease outbreaks.
- CARE+: Resources geared towards ensuring staff, family, and caregiver wellness both during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Vaccine+: Resources and supports to address vaccine confidence in congregate living centres.
This paper identified risk factors associated with case fatality among individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 in Ontario, Canada.
Infographic on COVID-19 vaccines.
An Online Fillable version of the Public Health Ontario IPAC Checklist.
Resources on Infection and Prevention Control, hosted on the Regional Geriatric Program website.
Resources for Self-Isolation
Resources that homes and congregate care centres can leverage to tackle vaccine confidence and vaccine uptake in their setting.
Resources for staff, family, and caregiver wellness and personal management throughout the COVID pandemic.